Online blackjack articles 31
The Labouchere Betting System for Blackjack
The Labouchere betting system is a negative progressive system also known as "Crossout", "Cancellation", "Labby" or "Split Martingale".
The Labouchere system can be successfully used in Blackjack and is easy enough to use in online blackjack.
How the Labouchere system works:
- The Labouchere system is based on a sequence of numbers. As you win, you cross out the numbers until the series is complete.
- Write down a certain series of numbers on a sheet of paper: 1,2,3,4,5.
- Add the outside numbers (1 +5) and get six. This is the amount of units you will bet on the hand.
- If you are playing $10 blackjack hands, this means you bet $60.
- If you win, cross out the 1 and the 5. Move inside to the 2 and the 4. This gives you 6 units again. Bet $60.
- If you lose, add the number to the end of the series. Now our series looks like this: 2,3,4,6. Our next bet is 8 units, or $80.
- If you win enough to run out of numbers, the series is complete and you start over.
- The drawback to the Labouchere method is that if you keep losing, you have to keep betting more and more to stay in the series (and get your losses back). This requires a large bankroll in case you lose.
Sam Marshall - Editorial Staff